Further information on Robert's medications
- Fybogel: Bulk forming laxative, relieves constipation by increasing faecal mass which stimulates peristalsis. Adequate fluid intake must be maintained.
- Furosemide: Diuretic. Produces rapid diuresis causing polyuria, frequency, urgency and urge incontinence. May exacerbate overactive bladder. Effect exacerbated by slow mobility.
- Nifedipine: Calcium channel blocker. May increase urinary frequency, nocturia
- Metformin: Oral antidiabetic medication
- Amitriptyline: Antidepressant. May cause voiding difficulties due to antimuscarinic effect
Close This Window